Things To Look for in a Contractor
Choosing the right contractor for your home is crucial to ensuring that your project is done effectively, efficiently, and expertly. There are many things to consider when choosing a contractor. Take your time and do your research to make sure you choose a contractor that’s reputable and reliable.
Here are some important things to look for in a contractor.
- License: A licensed contractor has gained experience and knowledge through proper training and legal processes, and they’ve met state-mandated qualifications to work as a professional in that field. Their license shows their commitment to being certified and legal and their ability to obey construction law. Check that your contractor has a valid license number issued by your state to perform work.
- General liability & workers’ compensation insurance: A licensed contractor will have general liability and workers’ comp insurance, which protects you if someone gets injured on your work site. If your contractor doesn’t have insurance, you’re liable if someone gets injured on your work site. You may ask to see your contractor’s certificate of insurance.
- Experience & quality work: You want to make sure your contractor has experience working on projects like yours to ensure you receive quality work. A contractor who’s been in business for several years has gained experience in their field and won’t skip out on you. You can trust they’ll be there for you even after your project is completed.
- Obtains proper permits: A qualified contractor will provide all the requisite permits showing they’re in compliance with local building regulations.
- Positive reputation: Positive online reviews and references are key indicators of clients’ satisfaction with a contractor’s performance. Along with project photos and videos, this can show the significant work they’ve done.
- Pricing: If the price seems too good to be true, it often is. Pricing should be competitive. Contractors who provide estimates that are much lower than average may not be using quality materials or performing quality work.
- Customer service: Your home is one of your most important assets, and you want to make sure it’s in good hands. Choose a contractor who listens to your wants and needs, answers your questions, and responds to you promptly.
Kris Konstruction: Local, Licensed Contractor
Kris Konstruction is a family-owned and -operated design and build business with over 30 years of experience. We’re local, licensed, fully insured, and have an A+ rating with the BBB. We also have a 4.8-star Google review rating.
We can help you with countless home remodeling projects, including roofing, additions, kitchen remodels, bath remodels, siding, windows, and more.
Our roofing specialists are experts in storm damage restoration. We offer free inspections and free estimates upfront, and we’ll be with you at every step through the insurance process. Our design and build teams have a thorough knowledge of design trends, material options, and building codes and can bring your remodeling dreams to life.
Contact us today at 410-592-3935 to discuss your roofing or home remodeling needs. We’re affordable, professional, reliable, reputable, and experienced.
Unconditional Labor Guarantee
with every home we remodel. LEARN MORE *Some restrictions apply.
Baldwin, MD 21013 Monday - Friday 9am – 5pm Saturday - Sunday By Appointment Only (410) 592-3935
you need to create your